Preparation time: h min
Number of ingredients:
What are desserts in a jar?
Desserts in a jar are, as the name suggests, sweet treats served in jars. These can be glass or plastic jars of different sizes, which allow the multilayered structure of the dessert to be displayed. The advantage of such a presentation is that all the layers of the dessert are visible, which adds to the visual appeal.
Why are desserts in a jar so convenient and quick to prepare?
Desserts in a jar are quick to prepare as they often do not require baking. The ingredients are simply stacked in layers, which also allows for a lot of creativity in choosing and combining flavours. Preparation is clean and organised as the whole dessert is confined to the space of the jar. In addition, these desserts are easy to store and carry, which is especially handy for festive parties.
The popularity of desserts in a jar
The popularity of desserts in a jar stems from their aesthetic appeal and ease of preparation. Served in clear jars, these desserts allow for a creative display of colours and textures, making them even more tempting. They are also a great choice for guests with different dietary restrictions, as the ingredients can be customised for each jar.
Selected desserts in a jar
We''ve put together recipes for five of our most popular desserts in a jar that you can make at home with little time and effort.
Among the wide range of sweet options, desserts in a jar have become a real sensation. Their popularity is not waning as they combine aesthetics, taste and ease of preparation. From classics such as custard cream to modern versions such as Kinder Bueno in a jar, these desserts are the right choice for everyone who wants to add something special and tasty to their festive tables.
1. Snickers in a glass: This dessert is a dream combination for chocolate and peanut lovers. Layers of chocolate cream, BAM caramel sauce and crushed peanuts alternate in the jar to create the taste of the popular Snickers chocolate.
2. Kremšnita in a jar: the traditional Slovenian dessert, kremšnita, gets a new look in a jar. Layers of light vanilla cream and puff pastry covered with lightly whipped cream look particularly elegant in a glass.
3. Black Forest in a glass: This German classic contains layers of chocolate sponge cake, cherry compote and cream. In the glass, these layers are particularly appealing and allow each bite to contain the perfect combination of flavours.
4. Cheesecake in a jar: Cheesecake, or cheesecake, in a jar is a simple but elegant dessert. It consists of layers of crumbled biscuits, cream cheese and fruit topping - the perfect combination of textures and flavours.
5. Kinder Bueno in a jar: This dessert is inspired by the popular Kinder Bueno chocolate. The jar alternates layers of chocolate and hazelnut cream with crunchy bits, creating a delicious and texturally varied treat.
Desserts in a jar are a great way to add a touch of elegance and innovation to our festive tables. Not only are they visually appealing, but they are also simple to prepare and offer endless possibilities for creativity. Whether you choose classic flavours or experiment with new combinations, desserts in a jar are sure to be a trend that will enrich your festive December.